Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Well, what a weekend!! Nanny and Poppy came to visit us on Friday, and stayed with us until Monday. The boys loved having them here and took every opportunity they could to play Kerplunk or Rummy with Nanny. While Poppy got sat on constantly, and chatted to nonstop until his eyes glazed over, lol (don't worry dad, that's normal, they can talk nonstop for hours whilst still on the same subject).


Here is Ethan playing Rummy with Nanny outside:



And here is Nanny, not impressed about having her photo taken:



And Poppy, doing his favourite job:



On Saturday, mum, Daniel & I went for a walk through Karlkurla Park. Omg, that is a big nature trail! Silly us went right in the middle of the day, and it was freaking hot out there under the sun! By about three quarters of the way in we were starting to wonder when the path was going to end back to the car, and having to promise poor Daniel that we were nearly there then we could get a milkshake (to make up for those lost calories we just walked off). We made good use of the wooden benches on the side of the path every now and then towards the end aswell. So when we finally got back to the car (where's the icecream truck - Daniel asks) we praised the lord we didn't perish along the way and drove off to Gloria Jeans for a well deserved iced chocolate (no cream).

Anyhoo, we really enjoyed the company we had for the weekend, and we'll see you again briefly next week before we go on our holiday, Nanny & Poppy. Mwah!

A quick update on the troops - Ash is at this moment at the hospital either having, or waiting for, surgery to cut out the lump from the top of his head. It has been there since forever and has gradually grown big enough to be noticed through his hair. Actually, it is quite big and about the size of a 50 cent piece. It'll be a relief having it out I'm sure.

And Daniel Max...well we noticed last Friday that he has quite a hard lump situated near his throat, just under his chin and to the side. I rang the hospital Friday night to see whether it was worth taking him down there and after a series of questions they suggested we wait for 3 days or so and see if it has gone away. It is now Wednesday and it is still there, still hard, and doesn't seem to have changed in size. I managed to get into the doctors today through the wait list. Dr S seems to think that it is from a trauma, like he has been hit in that spot. He says it feels like it is on the cartilidge. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but he says he doesn't think it is anything to worry about and we are booking him in to have an ultrasound done on it when we come back from QLD. I will make the booking today when I pick Ash up from the hospital so I will let you all know a date when I have it.

Also, one of Daniel's grommets actually came out of his ear over the weekend. We knew it had come out of the eardrum but it must've been sitting in his canal over the last few weeks. Well that was fine...until this morning I happened to notice dried up pus in his ear. I can't for the life of me remember which ear the grommet fell out of now, as he had them in both ears. Dr S checked them today and one ear is full of pus (the one that had dried pus this morning), and the other is red and he can't see the grommet in there, which is kind of confusing as I would've thought the one that had the pus was the one that the grommet had fallen out of. Anyway, I've probably confused you all! The end of the story is that Dan has antibiotics to go on, we go back for a check up next Tuesday, leave for QLD on Wednesday, and he'll probably be on antibiotics over the entire holiday. Nevermind, at least being on the ab's will mean he won't get sick while we're over there (crossing fingers!). I just hope the air pressure in the plane doesn't bother him.

Other than that, Ethan and Angus are well, as am I. And now I must go, as I have a long list of things to do before we go away...7 more sleeps!!!

ETA: It's 2pm and Ash is still sitting in the day ward waiting to be called for prep. He just received a call from his surgeon asking where he was...umm sitting in the chair waiting for you! Gives you confidence doesn't it?

No comments: